Wednesday, April 25, 2012

For Aleda? +)

Yey! Went to my parents' place this afternoon and mother dear asked me to cook something for them. I thought of taking pictures of what I did. Before I start with the "how to" part, let me tell you a story on how this recipe was introduced to me. I was in a culinary school, and I think there was a function in school and I was assigned in cooking for the lunch of all the staffs. So i came to Chef D and asked for her help on what to do with the beef. She told me to minced some garlic and prepare the ingredients. After preparing the ingredients, she thought me how to cook beef steak a la pobre. I was like "wow! that sounds delish." So, that's where I got the idea of this recipe. And oh by the way, I hope my friend Aleda will make this. GOODLUCK ALEDA! :) This recipe that i'm sharing with you now, is my own recipe quantity... so you can omit or change the quantity of the ingredients depends on how you will want it to taste. My first time to do this so sorry if i make lotsa mistakes. :)


Ingredients:
1/2 kilo pork sliced (i used pork because the supermarket ran out of beef)
50ml light soy sauce
3 tbsp. vinegar
50ml Worcestershire Sauce (if you think this is a lot you can decrease the quantity)
Salt and pepper
50-100ml water
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 shallots or 1 medium sized red onion (minced)
Procedures:
1. Fry the pork in a small amount of butter until it's kinda light brown in color.

2. In a separate pan, heat a small amount of butter then add the garlic. When the garlic turns into brown in color add the shallots.

3. Add the light soy, vinegar, water and the Worcestershire sauce.



4. Add the meat, pepper and just a pinch of salt, mixed and wait until it boils.
5. When the meat is cooked  take it off the pan and put it in the plate (i used bowl. LOL)
6. Let the sauce reduce, when its reduced you can top it on the cooked meat. Btw, i think don't over reduce it coz i think the taste will be different like uhm burnt soy? :)




 
 It's best with rice! Yay! Hope Aleda will like this. :)
Enjoy! :)

Aleda? Tell me whatcha think! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment